Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day 113-Where Did The Weekend Go?! Friends Reunited

My last zero! Where did the weekend go?! I woke up around 8:00 and laid in bed blogging since I didn't accomplish much this weekend other than fun and catching up which was great. I went downstairs once I heard mom up, and made breakfast; scrambled eggs, a bagel, and fruit. I had another appointment for a 2 hour massage at 11:00 and Maya came to visit beforehand which was awesome to see her and catch up. After my massage I headed home and put my AT sticker on my car, had leftover Thai, and gathered my tent and failed Jetboil stove to head to REI. My tent has some small holes in the mesh which let's the bugs in, and a small hole on the base that I duct taped so no bugs or water comes in but I figured I might as well get a new one. The stove was shot so I just got a refund since I already had gotten a new one on the trail.  Turns out they didn't have my tent since it was a 2013 model and they would have to call some stores to see if they had it, but I did get the refund for the stove. They were mobbed and I was glad to get out of there, I headed to EMS where I feel like they actually have their stuff together more and have a better selection. I bought the majority of my stuff at REI, but now I understand why my mom likes EMS better. I got another Northface t-shirt so now I have 3 of the same shirt just different colors, another pair of shorts since the pink ones were built more for dance and are getting grungy looking, and another pair of low cut Darn Tough socks. I was in and out in no time. I ended up trying to catch up on the blog more, eat my pulled pork sandwich I never ate yesterday, and hang out with Hunter. The time came when I left to pick Lynn up at the train station! I headed there, drove around a bit, parked, and then there she was! So crazy, we've actually been apart longer than together but I've missed Triple P. We caught up in the car and headed to my house. Mom made one of my favorite dinners; kielbasa, peirogies, and green beans, and Papa came over for dinner and to meet Lynn. Dinner was great and we caught up some more, after we had strawberry rhubarb pie which was really good and then I realized how late it was getting, how much I still had to do, and how the blog wasn't finished. Mom started prepping my food for about 4 days, I blogged and then helped her with food. After Triple P and mom had some quality Redds time while I organized and packed upstairs. It took me longer than it should since I tried my smaller youth 35L pack; everything fit, but the straps and suspension didn't seem as good as my 65L so I'm sticking with Blue Bitch. Our plan is to get up at 6:30, and after showering and finishing up it's now after midnight. I couldn't leave the blog unfinished! Here's to a good week ahead; let the weather be good, let the body and mind stay strong, keep me healthy, and happy, let there be good water, and let's have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment